Over the last few years with our steak dinner drawdown event, the association has raised much needed funds for use in awarding scholarships to deserving seniors. We plan to continue to conduct fundraisers and would appreciate your help in planning, working, and supporting the fundraisers.
KDS DAR School Alumni Association Officers:
Daniel Wrenn, President
Whitney Keller McWhorter, Vice-President
Randy Evett, Secretary
Scott Pace, Treasurer
Annual Dues are $5.00
The KDS DAR School Alumni Association was founded in 1960. Every year since, the alumni association has held an annual banquet and business meeting on the KDS campus where alumni celebrate the current year's graduating seniors and reunite with former classmates, teachers, staff, and friends of KDS.
The mission of the alumni association is to:
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships between the Kate Duncan Smith DAR School and its alumni
- Inculcate in its members sentiments of loyalty to, and regard for, one another
- Foster and encourage education in the Gunter Mountain area through enlarged educational enterprises, programs and services of the Kate Duncan Smith DAR School
- Establish, under authority of this organization, a Fund to be known as The Patriot Fund for the use and benefit of the Kate Duncan Smith DAR School; and to solicit and encourage alumni and friends of the Kate Duncan Smith DAR School to make gifts, devises, bequests and contributions of whatever nature to said Fund, provided the same are acceptable to said school
- Encourage and solicit contributions by alumni and friends of the Kate Duncan Smith DAR School to The Association to perpetuate the traditions, purposes, growth and progress of the Kate Duncan Smith DAR School